Originally, this was to be a blog about my preparations to enter the TGO Challenge in 2012. For a variety of reasons that didn't happen, so this has now become the repository for my outdoor musings.


Thursday 31 March 2011

Acquisition - Part Two (b)

It's here!

I missed the postman yesterday, so I had to nip to the sorting office this morning. I didn't have any idea what I was going to collect, as far as I knew my MLD Trailstar was still a couple of weeks away, and the card left by the postie didn't make mention of any duties or taxes that needed to be paid.

Imagine my delight when the sorting office guy handed over a parcel from the States and didn't ask me for any cash in return. Yep, that's right, no import duty for me! I snicked the envelope open as soon as poss to reveal a yellow stuffsac containing an olive brown Trailstar, a tube of sealant and a bag of tent pegs (5 bombproof ali ones, and 5 v lightweight titanium ones).

Sadly I haven't had an opportunity to set it up yet, I need to sort out the guylines and so forth. Hopefully I'll get a chance tomorrow if things work out, and I'll stick a pic or two up.

No comments:

Post a Comment