Originally, this was to be a blog about my preparations to enter the TGO Challenge in 2012. For a variety of reasons that didn't happen, so this has now become the repository for my outdoor musings.


Thursday 16 December 2010

Mental or Physical?

For a variety of reasons too dull to go in to here, I walked from Cheltenham to Tewkesbury yesterday. As time was of the essence I walked on roads and lanes rather than on footpaths and bridleways. It was about 9.5 miles and took me about 2.5 hours, and was just a real grind. Although I avoided main roads for a large part of the walk, I was never very far from the M5 and it's continual dull roar...

It was a useful exercise though. Physically, I felt OK covering the distance non-stop. What was harder was the dull, and in places, depressingly grubby road I was following. I had to really tell myself to just get on with it.

Hopefully with the snow that's forecast for the end of the week, I might be able to have a shorter but more scenic walk on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment